New to Green Shield
Our extended health and dental service provider, Green Shield Canada, has been busy working on some new and convenient items to help enhance and ease the claims process for us. They have now added the option for you to submit your claim online through the Plan Members Online Services site. For those of you who haven’t registered for this account yet, it allows you to…
- See your claims history
- Gives you access your Benefit Plan Booklet
- Allows you to submit your claims online
- Set up direct deposit (which will allow you to receive your reimbursement as early as 72 hours after the claim was submitted)
…and much more.
You can sign up for this by visiting www.greenshield.ca, click the LOGIN button, and then click GO to register. You will need your plan member ID (MRN student number-00) and a registration key, which you can get from you most recent Explanation of benefits or you can request one by clicking GET A REGISTRATION KEY. For more information on the Plan Member Online site, please visit www.greenshield.ca.
They have also created an app called GSC on the Go. Once you have created a Plan Member Online Services account, you would have access to the app. The app allows you to…
- View your claim history
- Access an electronic copy of your GSC benefits card
- Submit online claims
- Find a health care provider in the area
- Check to make sure that your plan covers a certain drug before you even leave the doctor’s office
The app can be downloaded free of charge from App Store, Windows Store, or Google Play and is compatible with most Smartphones and tablets. For more information on the GSC on the Go app, please visit www.greenshield.ca.
They have also introduced the CHANGE4LIFE Health Portal. This site is a resource to support and guide you to make healthy choices. Some of the things you can do on Change4Life are:
- Complete an online Health Risk Assessment
- Sign up to receive Stick2It medication reminder emails
- Sign up to receive health reminder emails
- Read educational articles on health topics
- Set a S.M.A.R.T. Goal
As you complete these items listed above, you’ll earn points. The points are used to buy ballots on rewards that you could win. Some of the rewards that can be won are gift cards, sports apparel, electronics, and more.